COMMERCIAL DRIVER’S LICENSE
The Mechanics Local 701 Training Fund is offering members of Local 701 in good standing a preparation class to obtain an Illinois Class A Commercial Learners Permit (CLP). A Class ACLP is the first step in obtaining an Illinois Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
Illinois Class A Commercial Learners Permit (CLP) Requirements
Illinois state statutes and federal law, enforced by the Illinois Secretary of State, Illinois State Police and U.S. Department of Transportation, require all Class A CLP applicants to conform to the following:
• ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language
• proof of US citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency
• proof of Illinois residency and a valid Illinois drivers license
• certify conformance with federal motor carrier driving record regulations
• certify conformance with federal motor carrier medical condition regulations
• attained 18 years of age: to drive a non-hazardous load inside the state of Illinois
• attained 21 years of age: to drive any load outside the state of Illinois
• remit $50.00 CLP testing fee to the Illinois Secretary of State
Local 701 members interested in attending the training fund’s CLP classes are encouraged to
review the federal motor carrier driving record and medical condition regulations for conformance.